Whether you are a homeowner or a real estate investor, everyone wants to get the best price possible when they sell a property. This can be easier said than done, however, and the things you do to boost the sale value of your property can be expensive in their own right. Fortunately, there are a few ways you can boost your home’s value on a budget:
- Clean up your home
- Never underestimate the value of keeping your home clean, especially when you are looking to sell it. This not only goes for cleaning the floors or carpeting inside your home, but also making sure to power wash the windows, external walls, and even your driveway. When it comes to selling your home, cleaner means a higher price.
- Remove junk
- In the same vein as keeping your home clean, you should also consider getting rid of any junk items that are cluttering up your home. Many people acquire items they don’t particularly need but are afraid to get rid of, and these items can make a home look worse than it really is. Throwing out items, or donating them to charity, can make your home seem more open, which is appealing to potential buyers.
- Repaint and re-paper the walls
- People put a high value on appearances, and the state of your house paint or wallpaper definitely factors into that. These are not expensive measures, but a fresh coat of paint or a new wallpaper can do wonders for helping you to sell your property.
- Add on usable square footage
- It makes sense that people pay more for bigger homes, so the more square footage you can add on to your home, the better. This may not mean a massive project, however, as even adding a deck or finishing a basement can effectively add usable square footage for relatively little money.
- Improve energy efficiency
- People tend to place a high value on energy efficiency these days, so anything you can do to boost energy efficiency will help to improve your home value. This can include installing a new thermostat, replacing insulation, or installing energy efficient windows, all of which can help make a home more valuable to a potential buyer.
- Update your exterior doors
- First impressions mean a lot, and buyers will often talk a lot about a home’s “curb appeal.” Updating your exterior doors can help to appeal to a potential buyer by making your home look new and fresh, giving them a better impression and giving you a better chance at getting a good price.
- Stage your home
- “Staging” a home means arranging it in a way to appeal to prospective buyers when they come to look at your home. This can cost you little more than time, but it can go a long way towards making your home appealing to a potential buyer.
At Stable Holdings, we assist our clients with a variety of services related to buying and selling real estate, including purchasing homes for cash. We have experience handling real estate financing, especially for developers and house flippers. If you are interested in selling your home for cash, please contact us at 516-548-6553, or visit our contact page.